The SCD IIB creates strong, sterile welds between tubing sets, maintaining a functionally closed system which permits sterile transfers in the open laboratory.
- A compact and easy-to-use unit for sterile connections
- Simple three-step operation
- Strong and biocompatible welds
- 30 second weld cycle interval
- Front and rear slots hold the two sections of thermoplastic tubing which are to be connected
- At the push of a button, a disposable SCD Welding Wafer is heated to 500oF (260oC), and moved to melt through both pieces of tubing.
- With the wafer still in position, the left front section of tubing moves to align with the right rear section.
- The wafer is retracted as the two tubes are sterilely welded.